Why, yes, there is an index of all the restrooms at Advetureland, including a sortable table so you can find the ones with the most stalls (shortest wait?) or the ones with changing stations. Because Internet.
The lasted batch of Adventureland Park photos has been uploaded, including images of new LED lighting strips installed on the Giant Sky Wheel. I wonder what they will look like?
I started shooting 3-D video about 12 years ago, but beyond taking the camera to Disneyland and some Iowa Renaissance festivals, I never did much with it. About six years ago, I picked up a new 3-D pocket camera, but have never really used it beyond some family photos when my son was born.
I came across this camera last week and took it to Adventureland to try it out. I brought it again today, and now have over 600 3-D photos from various spots in the park. I plan to convert them to red/blue anaglyph images and post them online. You will need a pair of red/blue 3-D glasses to view them, and I will have them available if you are interested.
Just for fun, here is one sample image, raw from the camera. The photo contains the left eye and right eye image, squished together. A software program will expand them to the normal width, and process them with red/blue for working with the glasses.
It should be a fun project over the off season…
I have taken the entertainment listing and reformatted it in to a grid. This will give you a better idea on what is going on when at a specific time (instead of having to look through five different stage listings).
Check out the 2016 entertainment schedule here:
I plan to add the contest times there too, if they are announced before the event.
Please let me know if I missed anything.
TAG: Octoberfest, Oktoberfest
Adventureland has updated its Oktoberfest website again with more details about this year’s event. They now list more entertainment, including a Ben Ulin hypnotist show, and the names of the stage locations:
- Carousel – somewhere on Main Street, I assume. It looks like it will be a small stage of solo acts, similar to the one that used to be in front of Iowa Beer & Wine Shop.
- Main Stage – this is probably something they are setting up in front of the Giant Sky Wheel. They recently cut down a bunch of tall trees in a planter in front of it, and we found out this was so it would not block the view of a stage, so this makes sense.
- Rathskellar (their spelling; the real word, and the signs on the building, say -er) – this would be the Bier Garten location. Since they do not say Bier Garten, perhaps they are moving the stage to the Rathskeller side this year.
- Coors Light Cafe – since more of the park is open this year, I am going to guess this will be the Coca-Cola Cafe (formerly called Soda and Sounds). I am expecting to see them covering up the “Coca-Cola” branding on the building with Coors Light banners 🙂
- Iowa Beer & Wine – construction just began in front of this spot to turn it in to a covered seating area, similar to what they have at the Bier Garten. This location is going to be used for the piano acts.
That covers the five stages. We’ll know in a few weeks how close my guesses are.
See my summary of all known Oktoberfest 2016 facts and rumors here: