|Information on this site is unofficial. It is compiled by fans of Adventureland amusement park in Altoona, Iowa (near Des Moines). There may be inaccuracies and omissions. For official Adventureland information, visit the official website.|
This page was last updated on 09/1/2016. Total Pages: 298. Total Files: 317.
|Park Area||Iowa Farm|
|Dispatch Rate||INFO NEEDED|
|Ride Duration||INFO NEEDED|
|About the Ride Info Box|
On-ride photos were added in 2005.
This log ride operated for 40 years, but since parts were unavailable, Adventureland announced it would be closing the ride and replacing it with something else. A few "Save the Log Ride" Facebook groups were formed hoping to change the park's mind, and it seems keeping it around would have been a much cheaper solution - the replacement ride cost the park $9 million! There were still statements made that imply the park would like to bring a new water ride back at some point, though with a full water park now part of the regular Adventureland ticket, it seems they already have a ton of "real" water rides available to everyone visiting the park.
According to the park, the company that built this ride only built two. Adventureland bought the second one to use for spare parts.
- Sign: River Rapids
- Guide Map: River Rapids - Log Ride (2014 Map)
- In-Park Map Signs: RIVER RAPIDS
- Website: Log Ride or Log Flume
This one is no longer in the park, but in 2016 there were still a few references to it on the website. It clearly had a real name, but I don't fault folks for just calling it the log ride. I don't think the flume was very river-like, anyway.
- https://www.facebook.com/RIPTheLogRide/ - RIP the Log Ride Facebook group.
- https://www.facebook.com/Save-the-Log-Ride-Adventureland-1599686783653829/ - Save the Log Ride Facebook group.
- http://whotv.com/2015/07/08/adventureland-to-build-new-roller-coaster-in-2016/ - TV segment about Monster, mentioning the log ride.