|Information on this site is unofficial. It is compiled by fans of Adventureland amusement park in Altoona, Iowa (near Des Moines). There may be inaccuracies and omissions. For official Adventureland information, visit the official website.|
This page was last updated on 09/1/2016. Total Pages: 298. Total Files: 317.
Home / Extinct Rides - Extinct Rides
This is a list of former rides that are no longer in the park. To see a list of currently operating rides, visit the main Rides page.
I have very little to go on for official information about these old rides. A few are mentioned on the Adventureland website, but some on this list were just told to me. I won't have any details or photos of them, so if you have corrections, please let me know.
- Antique Cars (1979-1987)
- Bavarian Scrambler
- Caterpillar ?
- Der Flitzer (1974-?)
- Flying Scooters (1974-?)
- Happy Horses (1974-1979?)
- Haunted House (1980-1989)
- Jaunty Jeeps (1974-1978)
- Mixer (1997-2005)
- Pontoon Boats - name? years?
- Queen Riverboat (1974-1979?)
- Rainbow (1988)
- Rallye Racers (1974-1975) - relocated and renamed as Der Flitzer
- River Rapids aka Log Ride / Log Flume (1974-2015)
- Riverview Carousel
- Riverview Himalaya - aka Galaxy (1980-1989)
- Round Up (1974-?)
- Silly Silo (1974-2014)
- Super Screamer (1976-1999)
- Toonerville Trolleys (1974-1979)
- Wheel of Fortune (1975)
- Wrangler (1993-2001)
For rides currently operating, see the main Rides section.