About the Ride Info Box
May 31, 1975 - Official grand opening. Congressman Neal Smith, Altoona Mayor Lloyd Sievers and Adventureland President John Krantz spoke at the opening ceremony. (But parts of the park opened in 1974.)
|Information on this site is unofficial. It is compiled by fans of Adventureland amusement park in Altoona, Iowa (near Des Moines). There may be inaccuracies and omissions. For official Adventureland information, visit the official website.|
This page was last updated on 08/2/2016. Total Pages: 314. Total Files: 327.
Each Rides page contains an Information Box (InfoBox) with a summary of main items. For the Rides InfoBox, it includes:
- Name - The name of the ride.
- Park Area - Area of the park the ride is in.
- Category - Family Ride, Kiddie Ride or Thrill Ride
- Type - One/two-word type: Steel Coaster, Water, Swing, etc.
- Year Opened - The year the ride opened. The specific date, if known, will be mentioned in the body of the article.
- Replaced - If the ride replaced an existing ride, this is what it replaced.
- Year Closed - If the ride is no longer in the park, this will be the year it closed. The specific date, if known, will be mentioned in the body of the article.
- Replaced By - If the ride was replaced by something else, this is what replaced it.
- Riders - Number of riders per car/load.
- Dispatch Rate - Time between each car/load being dispatched/started.
- Ride Duration - Time between dispatch and return to station.
In the future, this box may be updated to include more sections. Contact me if you have any suggestions.
If data is not available, some fields will be omitted (not required) and others may show "MISSING DATE" or "MISSING NAME". These fields will create Category entries so we can see all the pages missing a date, for example. If you can help fill out any of these missing information, please contact me.