|Information on this site is unofficial. It is compiled by fans of Adventureland amusement park in Altoona, Iowa (near Des Moines). There may be inaccuracies and omissions. For official Adventureland information, visit the official website.|
This page was last updated on 05/28/2017. Total Pages: 317. Total Files: 327.
|First Year||DATE NEEDED|
|About the Food and Drink Info Box|
Rathskeller is a food location in Bavaria. It opened in XXXX. It sells pizza and burgers. The pizzas are actually made there (though the dough comes pre-prepared).
The Bier Garten is part of this location, so adult beverages are available at another counter.
In the first few years, an accordion player would perform here to add to the German feel of the location. Reports from the Lost Des Moines Facebook group report that the accordion player was the late Duane Pichilman (1930-2006).
- Powerade (bottles) $2.50
- Soft Drinks (fountain) $3 - Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Dr Pepper, Minute Made, Barq's Root Beer, Cherry Coke, Mello Yello, Powerade, Fuze Tea
- Dejablu Water (bottled) 1 for $2.50, 3 for $6
- straight Tea
- sunny d
- Bratwurst $4, sauerkraut .50
- Cheeseburger $4
- Chills $2.50
- Chips $1.50
- Crosscut Fries $3.50
- Double Cheeseburger $5.25
- Frozen Novelties $2
- Funnel Cakes - Fully Loaded, Strawberry Delight, Peaches & Cream, Chocolate Lovers
- Hamburgers $3.75
- Hot Dogs $3.25, add chili or cheese for .75 each or both for $1
- Pizza 7 inch $6.25
- Super Pretzel $3.25, add cheese .75
- Veggie Burgers $3.50
- Veggie Hot Dog $3.75
- Funnel cake $5.75
- Toppings .50 - chocolate, Carmel, vanilla glaze, whipped cream
- Toppings $1, sliced peaches, vanilla ice cream, sliced strawberries
- Featured $8.50, signature $8.25 - cookies and cream, peaches and cream, strawberry and cream
- milk $2
- monster $3.50
- soft drinks
Before the Bier Garten, 2006.
Rathskeller serving counter in 2006.
Rathskeller in 2008.
Rathskeller in 2016.
- Sign: Rathskeller (-er)
- Guide Map: Rathskellar (-ar)
- In-Park Map Signs: RATHSKELLAR (-ar)
- Website: Rathskeller
The sign maker and webmaster must have used a spell checker, because Rathskeller (-er) is an actual word while Rathskellar (-ar) gets a red squiggly underline when I type it. Either way, the brats are great.
Beer today, gone tomorrow...
This location used to sell draft beer. Once the Bier Garten opened (connected to it), that would have just seemed silly...
Accordion to rumor...
Duane Pichilman was the man who played accordion there in the early years. I saw him performing at the Bavarian Haus restaurant on 14th St (Bavarian Inn restaurant). I was unaware of his Adventureland connection at that time or I would have loved to talk to him about his experience. Rest in peace, Mr. Pichilman. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=15125978