Town Square Carousel
May 31, 1975 - Official grand opening. Congressman Neal Smith, Altoona Mayor Lloyd Sievers and Adventureland President John Krantz spoke at the opening ceremony. (But parts of the park opened in 1974.)
|Information on this site is unofficial. It is compiled by fans of Adventureland amusement park in Altoona, Iowa (near Des Moines). There may be inaccuracies and omissions. For official Adventureland information, visit the official website.|
This page was last updated on 08/11/2016. Total Pages: 314. Total Files: 327.
|Name||Town Square Carousel|
|Park Area||Main Street|
|Replaced||Daniel and the Dixieland Diggers|
|Dispatch Rate||INFO NEEDED|
|Ride Duration||INFO NEEDED|
|About the Ride Info Box|
Town Square Carousel is a classic carousel located in the center of Main Street. It opened in 2000, at which time the Riverview Carousel on Dragon Island was removed. It replaced the animatronic music show Daniel and the Dixieland Diggers.
It was manufactured by the Dentzel Carousel Company.
Not the first
Before this carousel opened, there was an earlier one on Dragon Island. It was located where the Himalaya is today. Before that one there was an earlier carousel somewhere else in the park.
- Sign: The large sign at the entrance reads CARROUSEL (with two Rs), but the plaque behind it uses Carousel (with one R).
- Guide Map: Carousel (one R)
- In-Park Map Signs: TOWN SQUARE CARROUSEL (two Rs)
- Website: Carousel (one R)
Both spellings are correct, but it seems no one can decide which one to use.
- http://dentzel.weebly.com - Dentzel Carousel Company website.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dentzel_Carousel_Company - Wikipedia entry for Dentzel Carousel Company.