May 31, 1975 - Official grand opening. Congressman Neal Smith, Altoona Mayor Lloyd Sievers and Adventureland President John Krantz spoke at the opening ceremony. (But parts of the park opened in 1974.)
|Information on this site is unofficial. It is compiled by fans of Adventureland amusement park in Altoona, Iowa (near Des Moines). There may be inaccuracies and omissions. For official Adventureland information, visit the official website.|
This page was last updated on 07/24/2018. Total Pages: 314. Total Files: 327.
|Theme||Children's Play Area|
|Replaced||Country Picnic Grounds|
|About the Area Info Box|
Bernie's Barnyard is a new children's play area opening in 2018.
A sign at the entrance displays these rules:
- Adults must be accompanied by a child 60" or less in this area
- Children 12 years of age and younger should never be left unattended by a parent or guardian. Unattended children will be taken to Guest Information.
- Photography and videography should be limited to your immediate group only. No general photography or videography is allowed in this area without the express consent of Adventureland Resort.
- Shirt, shorts or pants and proper footware are required in this area at all times.
- Please observe all posted signs and attendance instructions at all times.
In summary, the area is designed for children 12 and under that are 60" or shorter.
Food and Drink
- Fruit and veggie cups
- Kiddie frozen drinks
There are a number of coin operated games/rides inside the barn.
There is a gift shop in the barn that sells Barnyard-related items.
- The entrance barn was used for private events. Companies would rent the Country Picnic Grounds and have food and drinks catered and served from that barn.
- The painted birdhouses on the fence (to the right when you enter the playground) were painted by students at Cornell Elementary. (Info from Adventureland on their official Facebook page.)
No photos available yet.